The Governor needs new sailors. He therefore decided to launch a major recruitment operation! Eurobricks member 74Louloute has been working on an awesome creation, based on historical facts. He makes it very clear why the press gang is called 'PRESS gang'. Being pressed into the crew! His creation is both funny and ingenious!
He tied a cannon to Bootstrap's bootstraps, and the last we saw of ol' Bill Turner, he was sinkin' into the crushing black oblivion of Davy Jones' Locker...
Eurobricks MOC expert SlyOwl did it again! A neat scene of Davy Jones' Locker, crammed with detail and great use of parts! You feel even more sorry for poor Bootstrap after you've seen this piece of art!
Buff up your bricks ye scally-waggs, for today we are here to announce our very first Classic-Pirates.com Community Build!
For all of you who don't know what a community build is:
A community build is a building challenge open to all EB members. Basically, The staff/volunteers make a list of different buildings that would be in a town back in the late 1700's. Then, each person chooses a building that they would like to build.
To sum it up, You will be building a pirate era town out of LEGO.
1. The build will officially run from January 4th to March 15th.
2. The staff/judges reserve the right to revoke any entry that does not apply to the rules.
3. If you take a spot, tell us, (so you don't get annoyed when somebody else builds the same thing first).
4. Images no larger than 800 x 600 please, and a maximum of 7 per MOC unless you post smaller images.
5. Registration is open to any member, regardless of number of posts , etc.
6. Try to keep the violence to a minimum.
7. You must enjoy making MOCs (though this is a given) and be able to give, as well as take constructive criticism.
8. No LDD entries are allowed. All entries MUST be built with real bricks.
9. Registration will take place in this thread. Post your entries here, in the entry thread.
Don't hesitate to ask questions !!!
The Golden Rule of this Community Build: Have fun
Now that there's not a strong need for soldiers and nothing for the pirates to pillage, unemployment levels rise, to unbelievable heights. To counter this issue, the governments of all the different groups Redcoats, Bluecoats and Pirates start work projects like bridge building, road repairing and mass farming.
Set sail to discuss Back To Work by Ratshot in the forum!
Pirate captains often suffer from 'Post- war Syndrome', a long hatred for their enemies. After regular visits to the crazy house the waring captains are given a regime where they are set against each other in a number of contests. Only time will tell to see if these contests really work out, or if they'll just increase the tension.
Click to discuss 'Skeet Club' by Ratshot in the forums
We saw this and thought it was brilliant, such a small model but with so much life, detail and humour. We especially like how 2 Much Caffeine did the smoke for the cannon ball and the expressions on the people's faces.
Discuss Captain Morgan: Scourge of the Pond by 2 Much Caffeine in the Pirates forum
From a Flickr search, this BigFig Captain Redbeard has turned up! It is not only wonderful to look at, it also is packed with functions like these:
- Head can rotate
- Face / hairpiece can be customized
- Arms are connected with Technic axles to prevent "drooping" when holding objects
- Hands can rotate
- Torso and hip-piece fronts and backs can be customized
- Legs are connected using Technic rotating / ratcheting click hinges, allowing for some rotation backward and full 90 degree rotation forward (into the seated position)
- Head, arms, hands, hips and legs all separate in the same places that a regular-sized minifig's do
- The rear and bottoms of the legs have "holes" built into them to resemble those on the legs of a regular-sized minifig and are spaced so as to fit onto "studs" built 2x2 and spaced 2 studs apart from one another
This is a great MOC full of pleasing details, features and suprises.
Check it out in the Pirate forum!
The tale begins with Hook Hand Harry,
Who had a taste for calamari,
He rustled up a motley crew,
Two other pirates; Hugh and Pugh,
And in a little punt this bunch,
Set out to hunt a little lunch.
Alas, despite their preparation,
And much to Harry's consternation,
The hunting trip went quite awry,
Their boat was hoisted to the sky,
They fell into the ocean water,
And ended up as octo-fodder.
Discuss ''Calamari Calamity'' by 2 Much Caffeine in the Pirate Forum