News & Announcements Archive
It's time for the announcement of the Creative Critic Award Winners!
1st Place goes to Erdbeereis1!
2nd Place goes to Zorro3999!
And the 3rd Place goes to LegoKing!
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone that participated in the Creative Critics Award!
Congratulate the winners in the Pirates forum!
It be an exciting day for a Pirate: LEGO.com has launched their official Pirates product page for your pillaging pleasure!
With everything from product profiles to wallpaper and commercials, you're sure to find some treasure on this voyage! Plus it be a pretty site, loaded with useful information, amusing entertainment, a lovely ocean background and parchment pages. How could anyone not love that?
Classic-Pirates wishes you the best for the New Year as well! Enjoy your holidays!
Hurry! Pillage the Village is almost over, and what a fantastic competition it has been. So many prizes and such worthy entries all round! Surely the biggest LEGO© contest of the year. But remember, there is only a short time left, so take your final images and make your final constructive critisism, and get them into the Pillage the Village subforum before it's too late!
Good luck to everyone from the Classic-Pirates.com team!
Of all the participants of the Pillage the Village Contest the Creative Critics have the most arduous task - providing feedback for as many entries as they possibly can. This is no doubt exhausting after all these weeks so we want to give the Creative Critics a little something extra...
The first entrant to write 20 post of feedback (has to be a solid paragraph) before Friday 28th of November will win a 6257 Castaway's Raft.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must have registered in the Creative Critic Award thread to participate.
- The winner will be the first entrant to accumulated 20 posts of feedback.
- Each post must be a solid paragraph and therefore a few short sentences strung together will not be counted.
- Spam will result in immediate disqualification.
- Only feedback left between Friday 21st (00:00 GMT) of November through till Friday 28th (00:00 GMT).
- Feedback left before and after those times will not be taken into consideration for the Mini-Contest.
- The contest ends as soon as the first entrant reaches 20 posts of solid feedback.
- If none of the entrants have accumulated 20 posts by Friday 28th (00:00 GMT) then nobody wins the prize.
- The Classic-Pirates.com Staff will determine whether the feedback posts meet contest requirements. Their decision is final.
Who May Enter?
- All forum Users and Classic-Pirates.com Volunteers. (Providing they've registered in the Creative Critic Award thread)
- Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com Staff may sit and watch gleefully, but not participate.
The really good stuff!
Entering in the Mini-Contest also has strategical benefits:
- The winner of the Mini-Contest is also elligble to win the final Creative Critic Prizes, meaning entrants could win two prizes!
- Feedback left in the Mini-Contest WILL BE counted towards the final Creative Critic prizes. So make the feedback good!
- Entrants ARE NOT required to have left prior feedback to enter so newcomers are very welcome!
Exciting stuff! But no doubt some of you have questions so get yourself to the Creative Critic Mini-Contest FAQ thread in the LEGO Pirate Forum for a Q&A session.
The Pillage The Village contest has become such a tremendous success that Lord Admiral Phes has decided to give it its own Subforum!
The previous titles and descriptions of the entry threads were a complete menagerie and it was looking very disorderly. Therefore Mister Phes painstakingly retitled and described all the entry threads on the first page using the same convention. He will do so for the entry threads on the other pages as well as they get bumped.
Mister Phes also made clear the rules about how the new PTV contest entry threads should be titled:
- The thread title should be the title of the MOC, you may include "WIP" or "FINAL" but nothing else.
- The thread description (the one beneath the title) should contain "Pillage the Village Contest - " then either "Large" , "Medium" or "Small" depending on the division.
So take note of this and come on over to the new Pillage The Village Subforum!
Join in an incredible LEGO event and help LEGO Master Builder Dan Steininger construct an 8-foot LEGO Pirate Minifigure for the first time ever! This event is free and fun for the whole family! Everyone who helps build will get a free Certificate of Achievement* and great special offers at the USAâ€™s biggest LEGO Store! Donâ€™t miss this special event, and donâ€™t forget your camera!
*While supplies last. One free mask per person.
A couple of weeks back we mentioned an aspect of our Pillage the Village contest called the "Creative Critic" but delayed providing details to give everyone the opportunity to digest the mountain of information we'd already provided.
We've decided you've had plenty of time to digest so here is the Creative Critic Awards Terms & Conditions.
Wanna learn how to win prizes without building a MOC? Get reading!!!
Captain Green Hair and Mr Tiber are joined by Benk to produce the first ever EB Pirates News Edition.
Join them in the forum as they share the news in a somewhat unconventional yet hilarious manner!