LEGO Facts and TriviaJanuary 1, 2006 posted by Captain Zuloo
Did you know...
- There are more minifigs in the world than humans
- The LEGO® Group is the world's largest tire manufacturer
- There have been 400,000,000 LEGO elements made in the 50 years of the brick
- LEGO pirate minifigs were the first with heads that had features other than the classic smiley curved mouth and two eyes
- Six eight-stud LEGO bricks can be put together in 915,103,765 ways
- The word LEGO came from the Danish words leg-godt, meaning Play Well.
- There are enough LEGO bricks in the world for each human to own 62.
- 7 LEGO sets sell somewhere in the world every second.
- Children all over the world spend about 5 billion hours annually playing with LEGO bricks.
- It takes about 7 seconds in the mould for a LEGO element to cool from 232 degrees celcius.
- The world's largest LEGO castle used 400,000 bricks.
- End to end, the number of LEGO bricks sold in a year would go around the word 5 times
- If you multiply that by the 50 years of the LEGO brick, you could circle the earth 250 times
- If you built a tower of 40,000,000,000 LEGO bricks, you could reach the moon