November 23rd, 2008 posted by Captain Zuloo
Brian Darrow presents us with this wonderful pirate scene depicting miscalculated time travel! This is what happens when many hundred pirates zip out of a time portal to discover - a modernised water front.
Discuss this inventive MOC in the pirate forum.
November 22nd, 2008 posted by Zorro
Have you ever wanted to make custom sails but didn't know how to make them? Take a look at Paul Cantu's handy tutorial and discuss it on the Classic Pirates forum.
And yes, it is cheap as well!
If you want to see some examples of sails build this way, look at The Avenger and The Acadia at Paul Cantu's MOCpages or discuss this handy tutorial in the Classic Pirates forum.
November 21st, 2008 posted by Skipper24
Puerto Rodrego is an old shanty town located somewhere on the Spanish coastline. Created by someone who has lost their socks, it is shrouded with secret and mystery.
The town is encapsulated in deception and the occult...
Puerto Rodrego has been tainted by a small drug industry, murder and famine. Even the Imperials struggle to survive in the barren landscape that they have been put in charge of!
Discuss Puerto Rodrego by SlyOwl in the pirate forum
November 20th, 2008 posted by Mister Phes
Of all the participants of the Pillage the Village Contest the Creative Critics have the most arduous task - providing feedback for as many entries as they possibly can. This is no doubt exhausting after all these weeks so we want to give the Creative Critics a little something extra...
The first entrant to write 20 post of feedback (has to be a solid paragraph) before Friday 28th of November will win a 6257 Castaway's Raft.
Creative Critic Mini-Contest Prize - 6257 Castaway's Raft (actual prize)
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must have registered in the Creative Critic Award thread to participate.
- The winner will be the first entrant to accumulated 20 posts of feedback.
- Each post must be a solid paragraph and therefore a few short sentences strung together will not be counted.
- Spam will result in immediate disqualification.
- Only feedback left between Friday 21st (00:00 GMT) of November through till Friday 28th (00:00 GMT).
- Feedback left before and after those times will not be taken into consideration for the Mini-Contest.
- The contest ends as soon as the first entrant reaches 20 posts of solid feedback.
- If none of the entrants have accumulated 20 posts by Friday 28th (00:00 GMT) then nobody wins the prize.
- The Classic-Pirates.com Staff will determine whether the feedback posts meet contest requirements. Their decision is final.
Who May Enter?
- All forum Users and Classic-Pirates.com Volunteers. (Providing they've registered in the Creative Critic Award thread)
- Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com Staff may sit and watch gleefully, but not participate.
The really good stuff!
Entering in the Mini-Contest also has strategical benefits:
- The winner of the Mini-Contest is also elligble to win the final Creative Critic Prizes, meaning entrants could win two prizes!
- Feedback left in the Mini-Contest WILL BE counted towards the final Creative Critic prizes. So make the feedback good!
- Entrants ARE NOT required to have left prior feedback to enter so newcomers are very welcome!
Exciting stuff! But no doubt some of you have questions so get yourself to the Creative Critic Mini-Contest FAQ thread in the LEGO Pirate Forum for a Q&A session.
November 19th, 2008 posted by Zorro
One of our best forum members, NewRight, visited a local Toys R' Us store, as you can see, it proved to be very succesful!
Imperial Guard Impulse Pack
As said, he made a DOUBLE review... about both Impulse Packs: the Soldier's Arsenal and Pirate Survival!
The Pirates Impulse Pack
The cheapest LEGO Pirates sets on the market! And they go very well with all the other Pirates sets, so this leaves no possible excuse to NOT buy them! If you are not from the USA, and you already want them you can try this link to look at some sets available on eBay.
Rush to the Pirates forum to discuss NewRight's Soldier's Arsenal and Pirate Survival reviews!
November 19th, 2008 posted by Mister Phes
TheBrickser does it again! Our incredible reviewing machine has produced a review for 6253 Shipwreck Hideout. Apparently this one is "Limited Edition" so you better see what you could be missing if you don't buy one soon enough!
It doesn't look very hidden for a "hideout" does it?
As with all of our 2009 Pirate set reviews, TheBrickster has analysed Shipwreck Hideout in anal retentive detail to give you a complete overview of everything thing the set has to offer.
To read the Pictorial Review of this Limited Edition Extravaganza dash to the LEGO Pirates forum this very instant!
November 19th, 2008 posted by Zorro
TheBrickster seems to be currently spending a lot of his free time in the Name Of The Holy Brick, just hours after his previous reviews he made another pictorial review about this fantastic Pirate Construction Set (6192). Thank you TheBrickster!
A bit more info: For the first time LEGO releases a small scala of Construction Sets, something closely linked to the Creator sets, but still a bit different. For now, there is one Pirates, one City and one Castle Construction set, although I believe they might develop more if this is a succes (and going by this great review, I think they will sell very well!).
This is a good initiative from LEGO!
They cost 10 USD and the set is recommended for ages 4 to 7, but because of the good MOC parts, the unique minifig and the low price, this Pirate Construction set will appeal to a lot of AFOLs as well!
Head your merry way over to the LEGO Pirates forum to read the 6192 Pirate Construction Set Review by the Brickster!
November 18th, 2008 posted by Captain Zuloo
It's here! After all that waiting, it's here! svelte_corps presents us with this fantastic review of this new pirate set.
After all our waiting, the first ship in the new 2009 LEGO pirate line-up has finally been reviewed! Our member svelte_corps has put his skills to the max to produce a high quality review of a high quality set. This one is sure to please!
Sail into the pirate forum and read this greatly anticipated review!