Due to the continuous expansion of Classic-Pirates.com, we are looking for a fresh, devoted blogger.
Please be certain that you want this before responding since it takes a lot of time and effort from us to train a new blogger.
Requirements will be:
- One must be able to understand and write decent English (very important!)
- Minimum age of 16
- You are not required to download any software or posses any special hardware. The Visual WordPress editor looks a lot like a basic Word system.
- Writing a minimum average of 3 blogarticles every two weeks (takes about an hour)
- Receive credits as author of your articles on an ever expanding website with over 15.000 unique monthly visitors (Get known into the LEGO world!)
- Your (display?)name will appear on the Crew Page (including description provided by yourself)
- Get access to a hidden forum called the Shipyard
- Have multiple promotion abilities
- Aquire a special Classic-Pirates honorary tag
- If wanted or needed, you also receive a Classic-Pirates e-mail adress
Report yourself here if you are interested into taking up this new position!
Buff up your bricks ye scally-waggs, for today we are here to announce our very first Classic-Pirates.com Community Build!
For all of you who don't know what a community build is:
A community build is a building challenge open to all EB members. Basically, The staff/volunteers make a list of different buildings that would be in a town back in the late 1700's. Then, each person chooses a building that they would like to build.
To sum it up, You will be building a pirate era town out of LEGO.
1. The build will officially run from January 4th to March 15th.
2. The staff/judges reserve the right to revoke any entry that does not apply to the rules.
3. If you take a spot, tell us, (so you don't get annoyed when somebody else builds the same thing first).
4. Images no larger than 800 x 600 please, and a maximum of 7 per MOC unless you post smaller images.
5. Registration is open to any member, regardless of number of posts , etc.
6. Try to keep the violence to a minimum.
7. You must enjoy making MOCs (though this is a given) and be able to give, as well as take constructive criticism.
8. No LDD entries are allowed. All entries MUST be built with real bricks.
9. Registration will take place in this thread. Post your entries here, in the entry thread.
Don't hesitate to ask questions !!!
The Golden Rule of this Community Build: Have fun
Or what about this magnificient 6290 Red Beard Runner?
Want more? Take a look at the eBay finds thread into the Pirates forum!
Mariann Asanuma: After surviving twenty long years on the high seas, three mutinies (two of them he instigated), and being stranded on a desert island five times Captain Brickbeard has decided to retire and give up his life of plundering and pillaging -- well semi-retire, you can never have enough plundering in your life.
Discuss Skull Mountain by Mariann Asanuma in the Pirates forum.
RampantDingo: It's a Bus/cart stop on the side of the road. The old castaway from Loot Island had to go get his dentures replaced as soon as he got back to civilization, so he's waiting for a cart to go to town. The redcoat officer is off to propose to the governor's daughter.
Go discuss RampantDingo's beautifull PTVII entry in the Pirates forum!