Congratulations to oDDerFisken and LegoKing for being the first two contestants to reach 20 posts. Both have won a 6257 Castaway's Raft.
Of all the participants of the Pillage the Village Contest the Creative Critics have the most arduous task - providing feedback for as many entries as they possibly can. This is no doubt exhausting after all these weeks so we want to give the Creative Critics a little something extra...
The first entrant to write 20 post of feedback (has to be a solid paragraph) before Friday 28th of November will win a 6257 Castaway's Raft.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must have registered in the Creative Critic Award thread to participate.
- The winner will be the first entrant to accumulated 20 posts of feedback.
- Each post must be a solid paragraph and therefore a few short sentences strung together will not be counted.
- Spam will result in immediate disqualification.
- Only feedback left between Friday 21st (00:00 GMT) of November through till Friday 28th (00:00 GMT).
- Feedback left before and after those times will not be taken into consideration for the Mini-Contest.
- The contest ends as soon as the first entrant reaches 20 posts of solid feedback.
- If none of the entrants have accumulated 20 posts by Friday 28th (00:00 GMT) then nobody wins the prize.
- The Classic-Pirates.com Staff will determine whether the feedback posts meet contest requirements. Their decision is final.
Who May Enter?
- All forum Users and Classic-Pirates.com Volunteers. (Providing they've registered in the Creative Critic Award thread)
- Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com Staff may sit and watch gleefully, but not participate.
The really good stuff!
Entering in the Mini-Contest also has strategical benefits:
- The winner of the Mini-Contest is also elligble to win the final Creative Critic Prizes, meaning entrants could win two prizes!
- Feedback left in the Mini-Contest WILL BE counted towards the final Creative Critic prizes. So make the feedback good!
- Entrants ARE NOT required to have left prior feedback to enter so newcomers are very welcome!
Exciting stuff! But no doubt some of you have questions so get yourself to the Creative Critic Mini-Contest FAQ thread in the LEGO Pirate Forum for a Q&A session.
TheBrickser does it again! Our incredible reviewing machine has produced a review for 6253 Shipwreck Hideout. Apparently this one is "Limited Edition" so you better see what you could be missing if you don't buy one soon enough!
As with all of our 2009 Pirate set reviews, TheBrickster has analysed Shipwreck Hideout in anal retentive detail to give you a complete overview of everything thing the set has to offer.
To read the Pictorial Review of this Limited Edition Extravaganza dash to the LEGO Pirates forum this very instant!
Forum users Lego12 and Paul Cantu have both reviewed the new Pirate set, 6241 Loot Island. The result is two very different reviews for you to peruse.
Lego12's 6241 Loot Island Review
As you can see in the above picture the beard piece makes an official apperance in a Pirate set for first time ever and it's very suited to the Robin Crusoesque mini-figure which it adorns.
Once again Lego12 has packed his review with glorious pictures, so get yourself to the Pirate LEGO Forum to feast your eyes upon them!
Paul Cantu's 6241 Loot Island Review
Forum user Paul Cantu has also created a review of 6241 Loot Island, while not as comprehensive as Lego12's review it offers a different perspective of the set.
So once again, get your to the Pirate LEGO Forum to read Paul Cantu's 6241 Loot Island review.
How much do the new Pirate Sets costs?
Forum user Card has spotted the 2009 pirate sets at a Toys R Us in the USA and he's kindly shared his findings. We're not yet certain if these are the recommended retail prices, but you can still check them out in the New Pirate sets at Toys R Us thread.
Once again we've discovered another large Imperial Guard army for sale oneBay. These guys look familiar, so maybe they're up for sale again or maybe the last auction winner was a non-paying bidder. If you're not prepared to pay then don't bid!
62 soldiers is an instant army, or certainly makes a sizable regiment to an exisiting army! If you're in need of troops get to the eBay Auction Page and place a bid, or if you'd like to discuss this army visit our Build the grandest army you possibly can thread.
Did you know that the 6242 Soldierâ€™s Fort set contains a comic? It most certainly does and we have pictures of the comic!
Of course we're only going to show you a two frame excerpt here, so if you want to see two pages worth of comic goodness you better get to the LEGO Pirate Forum this instant!
Want to BUY 2009 Pirate LEGO Sets?
Check out our 2009 Pirate LEGO set "eBay Auction Watch" thread which we update daily with new eBay auctions that YOU can win!
eBay not for you? Keep your eye on our 2009 Pirates sets on Bricklink thread where we will be listing BrickLink sellers with 2009 Pirate LEGO sets in stock.
Prefer to order by phone? Our New pirate sets phone number! thread might have the answer for you.
How About Some General Discussion?
No problem! Our Pirate Sets Found In Stores! thread has been there from the beginning, reporting every sighting (well as many as we can find) of the news sets. So don't miss out on the exciting discussion!
Lego12 delivers us a comprehensive set review of the new 6242 Soldier's Fort. Turns out it's a Modular Design!
Lego12 has took dozens of pictures which display every facet of this wonderful new set. There are even a few surpirses which have went unnoticed by the general pictures.
Dive into the Pirate LEGO Forum to see this set analysed in scrunitizing detail!
We have pictures of the 2009 Imperial Guard Mini-figures - front and back!
LEGO Pirate Forum user Lego12 has been one of the lucky first to procure the 2009 Pirate LEGO sets. There are set reviews brewing but while they're being finalised here's a little something for you... The 2009 Imperial Guard mini-figures!
As you can see the LEGO Group has gone steps further for these new Imperial Guards and incorporated a design into the shakos as well as into the back of the torsos. What a great touch!
Don't delay! Hurry to the LEGO Pirate Forum and Discuss the 2009 Imperial Guards right now!